Ontrack® PowerControls™ is a forensically sound email management tool that helps IT teams efficiently search, collect, and restore messages, mailboxes, attachments and other Microsoft® Office Outlook® items from any previous full backup.
Ontrack PowerControls™ allows you to set precise search criteria and run detailed queries across multiple data sources. Select any combination of mailboxes or folders you wish to search, regardless of the data source.
Recover deleted and archived mailbox items in minutes and restore them directly to a live Exchange mailbox. Leverage a defined workflow process to search and collect data from a live Exchange environment, effectively providing forensically sound data collection of current, real-time Exchange content. Restore mailbox items from a previous full backup directly into the production Exchange server or directly into a new or existing PST file; eliminating the need for mailbox "brick-level" backups.
Migrate and Manage
Microsoft Exchange Server migration
Migrate efficiently to a new Exchange Server, by eliminating the need to have your new and old servers coexist simultaneously. Save time and resources by fully automating the ability to copy legacy email to your new server using the Mailbox Creation Wizard.
Information store management
Simplify common Microsoft Exchange administrator tasks by providing direct access to backups and archives.
Email Management for Microsoft® Exchange with PowerPack for ExtractWizard
Ontrack PowerControls owners can use add-on features, known as agents, to enhance the product's capabilities. The ExtractWizard agent is a powerful tool that allows you to restore data from tape or disk backups to an alternative location. By eliminating the need for a duplicate server, Ontrack PowerControls ExtractWizard greatly reduces the time required for data restoration.
Call 1800 872 259 for information about your backup solution.
Ontrack® PowerControls™ includes a comprehensive set of features to accelerate, facilitate, and automate email recovery and search for Exchange users.
- Opening Source Files: Open a source Exchange Database (EDB) and specify a target PST file or target server. With the additional Agent for PST as Source, you can use a PST as the source file.
- ExtractWizard: Read both private and public Exchange Information Store data from tape and disk backups. Extract Wizard reads EDB, STM and LOG files from tapes and restores them to any alternate location, thereby eliminating the need for a recovery server.
Once data is extracted, you can automate email recovery and search within Ontrack PowerControls:
- Find Messages: Search a source EDB, PST or CAS file for message items that are defined by criteria such as keywords, message senders and recipients, and message creation dates.
- Export Messages: Locate and export information for regulatory and litigation purposes. Export email from an EDB, PST or CAS source file to a local or network destination. Enhanced export to .MSG files using Unicode format.
- Save Messages: Save email as Outlook files (.MSG) or plain text files (.TXT).
- Restore Exchange Data: Restore data from a source EDB, PST or CAS file to a target destination simply by using drag and drop or the Copy/Paste Special commands.
- Command Line Operations: Control and batch repetitive processes such as multiple copy and export tasks directly from the command line without initiating the Ontrack PowerControls user interface.
- Reports: Get statistics about the data store such as size and counts for attachments and messages.
- Content Analysis Store: Automate and save search results by selecting sources. Sources include entire EDB files, individual mailboxes from an EDB, or folders from an EDB. Any numbers of sources are allowed including multiple EDBs.
- Message Views: View all instances of a given message or attachment in the EDB source within the same database as well as messages related by conversation.
Enhance Ontrack PowerControls
In addition to these features, Ontrack PowerControls offers optional components, known as PowerPacks. These PowerPacks allow you to tailor Ontrack PowerControls software to fit your specific environment and needs.
Ontrack PowerControls users can select advanced optional components, known as PowerPacks, to enhance your productivity.
PowerPack for ExtractWizard
ExtractWizard is a powerful feature that allows you to restore data from tape or disk backups to any alternative location (machine, volume, or folder). By eliminating the need for a duplicate server, Ontrack PowerControls ExtractWizard greatly reduces the time required for data restoration and recovery. For a complete list of supported backup software platforms, please reference the Ontrack® PowerControls™ ExtractWizard User Guide
PowerPack for Exchange
Enables you to search any combination of attachment text, message subject, message body, and attachment file name(s). Allows you to select any PST file and open it as a source data store that performs all database operations including copying, exporting, and searching. Parent folders are implemented for PST sources. This agent enables to centrally control permissions within Ontrack PowerControls to mirror your organization's internal IT security policies and controls access to mailboxes contained within private off-line EDB mailbox stores. This agent also performs centralized activity auditing to track and record all actions taken by Ontrack PowerControls users.
Enables you to search attachment text for keywords or phrases. This agent has the ability to search any combination of Attachment Text, Message Subject, Message Body, and Attachment File Name(s).
PST as Source
Allows you to select any PST file and open it as a source data store that performs all database operations including copying, exporting, and searching. Parent folders are implemented for PST sources.
Reduces the time to perform complex email search and analysis. Administrators can create their own Content Analysis Store containing multiple data sources, including legacy backup tapes, rather than searching one source at a time.
Enables the ability to centrally control permissions within Ontrack PowerControls to mirror your organization's internal IT security policies and controls access to mailboxes contained within private off-line EDB mailbox stores. This agent also performs centralized activity auditing to track and record all actions taken by Ontrack PowerControls users.
Ontrack PowerControls owners can use Agents to enhance the product’s email search and analysis capabilities.
Overview | Ontrack® PowerControls™ for Microsoft® Exchange
Ontrack® PowerControls™ is a simple, yet powerful tool for searching, restoring, exporting, and analyzing mailbox items directly from Microsoft® Exchange Server backups, EDB and Information Store files, or your live Exchange server.
Search Functionality | Ontrack® PowerControls™ for Microsoft® Exchange
Ontrack® PowerControls™ is a powerful restoration and searching tool. Locating messages, mailboxes and attachments that meet precise search criteria can be achieved much faster with Ontrack PowerControls. Use keywords and other criteria to search across multiple databases simultaneously, locating the items you need and exporting them back to another location with a simple drag and drop.
Target Files and Servers | Ontrack® PowerControls™ for Microsoft® Exchange
Ontrack PowerControls allows you to connect to a target exchange server or a target PST. This video also reviews how to copy data from the source to a target or export those results.
Source Files | Ontrack® PowerControls™ for Microsoft® Exchange
This Ontrack PowerControls helps you load your source/backup data to search, restore, export, and analyze your mailbox items.