Convert Your Archive Media Safely
The Kroll Ontrack tape migration service is a series of thorough processes progressing from tape audit and media consolidation to extraction, duplication and conversion. When dealing with sensitive data, we can also provide a strict chain of custody and data security protocols from the moment a tape leaves your premises. Other optional services include a secured return of media and safe data erasure.
Minimise the Cost of Tape Restores
A legacy data migration project may be required if your business anticipates a large volume of archive tape restores in the near future, such as for a merger or upcoming legal proceedings.
In such cases having the archived data stored on a current storage network can greatly speed-up the processing and searching of data and reduce costs.
If you then require legal or forensic assistance Kroll Ontrack can assist with these needs. We have the tools and capacity to restore your data quickly and cost-effectively.
Bit-by-bit Data Conversion
As part of a tape archive migration project, Kroll Ontrack can perform media type conversions in order to consolidate your archives onto one platform. This can include:
- accurate bit-for-bit copy of the source data, supplied back to you in an appropriate media format for re-importation
- catalogue and indexing report for future data mapping
- recovery of previously inaccessible data
- development of software and bespoke tools for the safe and efficient retrieval of archived data
We are equipped with the skills, knowledge and technology to convert your archive media safely, efficiently and cost-effectively. Additional services are also available.
Tape Migration Capabilities
Kroll Ontrack is equipped with the skills, knowledge and technology to convert your archive media safely, efficiently and cost-effectively. Additional services are also available, including the migration of backup systems such as ARCserve, NetBackup, Backup Exec, Microsoft Backup, Backup Express, Retrospect, CommVault, cpio, tar, Data Protector, Tivoli, Dump, UltraBac, Legato and others.
We can migrate data from all legacy tape architectures and media formats:
- LTO formats including LTO1, LTO2, LTO3, LTO4
- Super DLT, DLT8000, DLT7000, DLT II, DLT III, DLT IV, TK50/TK70
- Sony AIT, AIT2 and AIT3
- Travan Data Cartridge
- 1/2" Open Reel and Cartridges such as 7-track, 9-track, 3480, 3490, 3570, 3590, 9840
- DC2000 mini data cartridge