30 November 2011
Kroll Ontrack Meets Market Demand with Enhanced Recovery Features for Ontrack PowerControls 6.1
Ontrack PowerControls 6.1Sydney, 30 November 2011 – Kroll Ontrack, the leading provider of information management, data recovery, and legal technology products and services, today announced enhancements to Ontrack PowerControls version 6.1 to support the latest versions of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and a wide array of solutions from data backup technology providers. The enhancements include updates to all Ontrack PowerControls ExtractWizard Agents and the addition of Microsoft Volume Shadow Service (VSS) support for Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010, helping reduce the time associated with e-mail/document recovery, restoration, and consolidation and migration.
“According to a June 2011 survey of existing Ontrack PowerControls customers, over a quarter of respondents routinely use the Ontrack PowerControls tool to save over 50 percent of time managing their environments,” said Adrian Briscoe, general manager – APAC, Kroll Ontrack. “The time and costs saved through utilising this solution is significant to users. As such, Kroll Ontrack is committed to keeping the Ontrack PowerControls tool in line with industry demands, adjusting its offerings to support rapidly adopted product updates and new solutions so the tool’s use is maximised.”
Enhancements to the Ontrack PowerControls 6.1 solution include:
- Enhancements to Ontrack PowerControls ExtractWizard Agents. Ontrack PowerControls ExtractWizard is a powerful tool that allows users to restore data from disk and tape backups to an alternative location, eliminating the need for a duplicate recovery server. Current support is included for Netbackup, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, CA ARCServe, EMC Networker, HP OpenView Storage Data Protector, CommVault Galaxy, Ultrabac, Symantec BackupExec and Microsoft NT Backup.
- VSS support for Exchange 2007 and 2010. VSS is a Microsoft technology that allows access to a "point in time" snapshot of a logical drive, which is used by applications to back-up Exchange and other Microsoft systems, and is now mandatory in Microsoft Exchange 2010. Supporting this new technology ensures users can search and recover granular items from their most recent backup snapshots from Microsoft Exchange 2007 and 2010.
- “With its ExtractWizard features, the Ontrack PowerControls tool empowers customers to quickly and easily extract, search and restore data from backups,” said Reinert. “The recent Ontrack PowerControls 6.1 updates ensure our users are fully equipped to combat human error, minimise risk, maximise IT performance and save significant costs.”
In today’s business environment, a solution that can save both time and money is critical to the bottom line. The Ontrack PowerControls solution diminishes the time spent searching for and restoring documents, resulting in significant time and cost savings for companies.
For more information about the Ontrack PowerControls solution, visit http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com.au/data-management/email-management-for-exchange
- Kroll Ontrack offers corporate IT comprehensive support of Microsoft Exchange 2010 with launch of Ontrack PowerControls 6.0
- Kroll Ontrack introduces new search, preview and restore functionality for Ontrack PowerControls
- First of it's kind solution addresses the difficulties associated with restoring and searching SharePoint backups
- Kroll Ontrack launches Ontrack PowerControls version 5.0